Knee pain is a common ailment that can affect anyone. It is often caused by injuries, such as torn cartilage or a ruptured ligament. However, some medical conditions, such as gout, arthritis, and other infections can also lead to knee pain. At Lighthouse Family chiropractic in Hilliard, OH, our chiropractor provides all-natural treatment options for knee pain. We will help you return to a healthy, pain-free life.
What Is Knee Pain?
Knee pain comes from a compromised kneecap, knee joint, cartilage, tendons, or ligament. Knee pain is more common among adults. For most adults, the main reason could be wear and tear, because of activities such as standing, bending, walking, and even lifting things. Pain around the knee is also more likely to appear in athletes, due to the rigorous activities they take part in.
Causes of Knee Pain
Knee pain is a result of many different issues, including:
- Medical conditions: These can be infections, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and more. These are autoimmune conditions that may affect any joint in your body. They may cause swelling, disability, and pain in the affected area. Once you experience such symptoms, it is advisable to talk to our chiropractor to assess your knee.
- Acute injury: Injuries such as a torn ligament, a broken bone, or a meniscal tear can cause knee pain. Usually, this will be a result of fractures on your knee. Such instances are very painful, and the knee might not function as required.
- Chronic use: Inflammation may occur in your tendons, which is a condition known as patellar tendinitis, which could be very uncomfortable. You might also experience patellofemoral pain syndrome, which comes as a result of stress under your kneecap. This condition is common in cyclists and runners. Osteoarthritis is another cause of knee pain where your cartilage wears out because of age and usage.
Symptoms of Knee Pain
Where the pain is felt in your knee may vary depending on the structure involved. With inflammation or an infection, the entire knee could be painful and swollen. With a fracture of the bone or torn meniscus, only a specific area of the knee will experience pain. The severity of the pain also varies from disabling pain to a minor ache.
Some of the common signs include:
- Limping because of discomfort
- Difficulty walking
- Difficulty going up or down an inclination
- Swelling and redness
- Your knee locks
- You are unable to extend the knee
How We Can Help
Our chiropractor will diagnose your knee pain and formulate a customized treatment plan for you. This might include chiropractic adjustments. Realigning the body will alleviate any tension or pressure on the knees. We also offer massage therapy, which reduces inflammation and swelling in the knees. Our chiropractor will also give you corrective exercises. This will improve your range of motion in your knee.
Visit Our Chiropractor in Hilliard, OH for Knee Pain Treatment
At Lighthouse Family Chiropractic in Hilliard, OH, we know how uncomfortable knee pain can be. You do not have to go through all that pain. Our chiropractor will alleviate your pain and help your knee heal. Call us today to schedule an appointment.